We are able to carry out site survey and assessment to achieve credits for ecology as part of BREEAM assessments for commercial buildings and non-residential establishments such as education facilities and office developments. We have experience of carrying out surveys for schools, domestic properties and leisure facilities and we work in collaboration with the client to ensure that ecological enhancements and maximum credits can be achieved for projects.
A BREEAM assessment is a method of demonstrating sustainability within infrastructure through an international scheme providing an independent certification of the sustainability of building projects.
We can advise with one of the ten categories the assessment covers: Land Use and Ecology.
The results of assessment depend on the accumulation of credits through specific sections. A suitably qualified ecologist will conduct the necessary ecological value calculations for the site. The Land Use and Ecology sections that must be fulfilled are :
- LE 01 (Site Selection) - up to 2 credits available
- LE 02 (Ecological risks and opportunities) - up to 2 credits available
- LE 03 (Managing negative impacts on ecology) - up to 3 credits available
- LE 04 (Change and enhancement of ecological value) - up to 4 credits available
- LE 05 (Long terms ecology management and maintenance) - up to 2 credits available
See our Project Examples